Scalability & flexibility are key aspects of a solar SCADA project.
At Affinity Energy, our dedicated team of professionals are fluent in the language of utility-scale solar projects, and have worked on a diversified portfolio ranging from 2MW to 500MW. We have a high degree of focus on controls and instrumentation for the PV solar market, which means we’re able to develop solar SCADA systems that meet diverse utility interconnect requirements.
We work with solar owners, EPCs, construction companies, and developers to ensure the control systems we design function the same regardless of size. If projects grow, you don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
Depending on your needs, we have the capability to serve a full turnkey solution or a la carte services as needed, including:
- Data collection
- Emergency field services
- Fiber optic cabling, termination, and testing
- Freelance solar string analysis
- Hardware acquisition
- Met stations (Campbell Scientific)
- Network communications (including Weidmuller & Ubiquiti wireless radio installation)
- OEM coordination
- PLC programming (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, Do-More, etc.)
- Serial device cabling
- System installation
- Training personnel
Affinity Energy solar SCADA systems regulate voltage to ensure you don’t negatively affect the grid, and provide precise monitoring so you know exactly how much electricity you produce. (Read more about automatic voltage regulation in CAISO & NREL's 2017 Solar Advanced Reliability Report.)
We also offer unsurpassed flexibility. Affinity Energy can deploy ‘off-the-shelf’ systems, or provide total customization. We even offer services a la carte, including architecture, configuration, installation, and commissioning. Put simply, the breadth and depth of our expertise will ensure your system is of the highest quality and provides maximum financial benefit.
Learn how we helped an 80MW solar farm with their wireless communications!
Top Reasons to Use Affinity Energy
- We’re Experts: With over 800 power automation projects behind us, we have the integration expertise and background to help your organization operate efficiently, reliably, and safely.
- We’re Turnkey: While we have the capacity to service a full turnkey solution, we are also happy to take on smaller, individual projects. From onsite troubleshooting to programming a fully customized SCADA system, we look at the system as a whole so you won’t end up with project gaps.
- We’re Consultative: Because we’re vendor-agnostic, we are prepared to design a customized solution that meets your environment’s unique production, efficiency, safety, and ROI goals.